Leading law firm Ison Harrison, which was established in Leeds in 1978, is commemorating 40 years of legal services by making a commitment to 40 deserving good causes.
The firm will celebrate four decades in the region by giving back to the communities in which it operates. Ison Harrison has launched the #TheBig40 campaign that will benefit 40 local good causes in the form of cash donations or gifts made on a nomination basis.
Nominations for charities open officially on 12th June and the campaign will run across the firm’s social media channels and website, with individuals and charities themselves being encouraged to nominate via a new 40th themed microsite. Ison Harrison staff are also eligible to nominate.
The firm will also mark the 40th birthday milestone with a private celebratory event for employees at The Tetley in Leeds this month.
The firm now employs more than 210 staff across twelve offices, including its head office on Wellington Street in Leeds which is home to the firm’s business and personal legal service teams. Each of the twelve offices specialises in residential conveyancing, wills and probate and family law as well as providing a convenient access point for clients wanting advice from an expert in any of the other legal services offered by the firm. The firm is proud to offer the broadest range of legal services of any firm in the region.
Since its foundation in 1978 as S.C. Harrison & Co. Solicitors by Stephen Harrison in Leeds, the firm has helped thousands of clients. Ison Harrison now assists more than 16,000 people every year and looks after wills for over 40,000 clients. As well as being Lexcel accredited the firm has more Law Society accreditations than any other firm in the region.
Jonathan Wearing, Managing Partner commented: “This year represents a real celebration of Ison Harrison’s growth and success as a firm over the past 40 years as well as the contribution made to the regional business community. We wanted to mark this in an impactful and memorable way and decided that giving back to good causes in our heartland was an exciting and engaging way in which to do this.
“Community involvement is a big driver for us and will continue to be in the future. Over the years we have supported so many charities and have been actively involved in the communities where we are based, so we decided to invite nominations from deserving local causes to benefit in some way.”
The Big 40 campaign will be the first time in the firm’s history that they have run a digitally driven campaign to help support local charities. This follows on from the successful launch of their new company video earlier this year, entitled “If You Ever Need Me” which focussed on their proud Yorkshire roots.
Jonathan adds: “We like to think that one of our key strengths over the years has been our ability to evolve and innovate. We are constantly looking to try to improve how we deal with clients, engage staff and grow as a business.”
A new microsite has been launched to promote the campaign, thebig40.isonharrison.co.uk, and charities and the public are invited to nominate a deserving local cause via the following link https://thebig40.isonharrison.co.uk/nominate/ The 40 local causes selected from all the nominations will be revealed between September and December this year.
40 years of Ison Harrison in Yorkshire
- 1978 – S.C. Harrison & Co. – Solicitors, founded by Stephen Harrison in Leeds, West Yorkshire.
- 1988 – Stephen Harrison & Co merged with Ison Driver & Furness in Garforth to form Ison Harrison.
- 1993 – Ruth Bundey & Co. merged to form Harrison Bundey & Co. based in Chapeltown, catering predominantly for legally-aided clients.
- 1996 – Opening of Crossgates office
- 1996 – Merger with Phillips & Gillis in Crossgates
- 2010 – Opening of Ilkley office
- 2010 – Merger with Susan Cuthbertson & Co, Ilkley
- 2010 – Merger with Bowmans Family Law
- 2011 – Opening of Guiseley office
- 2011 – Merger with James Bloomer Solicitors
- 2012 – Opening of Morley office 2012 – Merger with Shaw Gillis & Co Solicitors, Morley
- 2014 – Full incorporation to Ison Harrison Ltd
- 2014 – Opening of Chapel Allerton office
- 2015 – Merger with Maurice Smiths Solicitors in Castleford and Pontefract
- 2017 – Opening of Pudsey & Huddersfield offices
- 2018 – Opening office in Otley office
- 2018 – Huddersfield branch expansion